Grundgesetz – The Beginning
The Fundamental Law for the Federal Republic of Germany, also known as the “Grundgesetz”, is the constitution of this magnificent country of ours.
Leading up to the incoming election, this series will explore the articles of the Grundgesetz, one by one.
The author is a layman in legal matters but will try not to smother this fine piece of law.
The circumstances and intentions in crafting the Grundgesetz will be explored at length at a later time. This series will conclude with commentary and more background information. For now, on with the legalese.
This article is part 1 of the “Grundgesetz” series:
- The Beginning
- Article 1: Human Dignity and Rights
- Article 2: Personal Freedoms
- Article 3: Equality
- Article 4: Freedom of Belief
- Article 5: Freedom of expression
- Article 6: Marriage, Family and Children
- Article 7: School System
- Article 8: Freedom of association
- Article 9: Freedom of coalition
- Ending this series